About Lough Key House, Country House B&B
• Free wireless internet. Lap top provided in sitting room.
• Check-in from 5.00pm onwards; check out by noon.
Each room has:
• A power shower as well as an old fashioned bath.
• An iron and ironing board, hairdryer and straightener, bottled water and CD/Radio Alarm Clock.
• A fold down bed if required for a third person sharing the room.
• All our mattresses are foot deep highly sprung densely padded vastly comfortable creations!
• Bedlinen crisp white and towels soft cream
• Tea and home-baking on arrival.
• Safe parking plus secure parking in enclosed garage if required.
• Bicycles are available for guests use
• Local maps and plentiful information on local attractions and activities.
• Guests are welcome to get acquainted with all our animals: dogs: Buttercup the Dalmation and Gwen the Pom, two cats: Lucky and Very Lucky, Anne the Horse, and Toby the pony, donkeys: Mutt and Jeff, two sheep (unnamed), pigs in season, laying hens, and our two hardworking drakes keeping the slugs and snails at bay in the rose garden!
• The enclosed rear court yard and a dry shed are available for your dogs
• You are welcome to walk our eleven acres of paddocks, orchard and gardens. The Rose Garden beside the house is a lovely place to receive tea and home baking
on warm summer evenings. The stone seat in the nearby herb
garden is also a favourite retreat, while the vegetable garden
is for work times only!
• Dinner Parties for Group Bookings for a Special Celebration
We offer weekend-away packages for families or friends who want to celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary, hen-party, retirement party, golf or hillwalking w/e away, photography club or art class group, small class reunion etc etc.
We offer the house for your party's exclusive use. We provide dinner and one or two nights B&B as you require. The house sleeps 12 adults and up to 4 children. (16 is our absolute maximum capacity)
Dinner is a 3 or 5 course set menu using our own garden produce and locally sourced meats
You are welcome to bring your own wines and use the wine fridge in the dining room,we also provide ice and glasses and a piano,guitar,Tom-toms, harmonica ...!